We invite you to join euroCRIS, the only international association of research information system professionals.
euroCRIS was established as a platform group in 1991 to address issues of Current Research Information Systems (CRIS) and has been transformed into a professional association in 2002. euroCRIS acts as a forum for interested individuals and organisations to enter into dialog and resolution of all matters related to the use of information technology in all research information systems business, to encourage new initiatives in the field and to disseminate experience. euroCRIS is motivated by experts, spread across Europe, who are interested in organising, fostering, optimizing and integrating research information and its underlying research processes. Our mission is endorsed and supported by strategic partners and sponsors.
euroCRIS membership offers you a lot of advantages:
- Professional contacts in the CRIS field and exchange of expertise
- Support when you are looking for expertise related to organising and managing research information or building research information systems
- The Common European Research Information Format (CERIF) model for organising scientific information
- The opportunity of participation in Task Groups of your interest
- Privileged access to the euroCRIS members site with shared document libraries, presentations and publications
- Regular newsflashes
- An online members communication list
- Biannual membership meetings, with interesting topics as well as Task Group and plenary meetings
- Annual seminars organised in collaboration with our strategic partners and the European Commission
Types of Membership
There are three types of membership with different rights, facilities and fees: institutional, personal and affiliate. In order to facilitate your choice for one of them a full description is given.
Please note that membership will be automatically renewed every year, but can be discontinued any time by giving notice to the Secretary.
This is open to universities or university departments, scientific academies, research councils, (inter)national scientific institutions or associations of such institutions, information centres, advisory bodies or any type of public or private organisations involved in policy making, co-ordination, production, compilation and/or evaluation of CRIS.
The fee is 300 Euro per institute and entails the following rights:
- participation in euroCRIS meetings, seminars and other special euroCRIS meetings, with attendance and voting rights for up to five permanent representatives
- representatives may be substituted in meetings and events by colleagues, leaving voting rights intact
- the organisation is known to be associated with euroCRIS; this is useful for publicity and in commercial bidding or contracts with the EC and other funding bodies.
The Board may decide to assign the status of Distinguished Institutional Member on the basis of special contributions to euroCRIS, e.g. donations, sponsoring of events, lending of staff. Distinguished Institutional Members will be visualised separately in the euroCRIS membership directory, their logos will be displayed at appropriate places on the euroCRIS website, up to three delegates will have free access to relevant events and their support will be mentioned.
This is open to any person engaged in CRIS activities as well as PhD students in the field of CRIS or communication in science. The fee is 60 Euro and entails the following rights:
- participation in euroCRIS meetings, seminars and other special euroCRIS meetings and the right to vote
- participation in euroCRIS courses, tutorials, and workshops (including copies of relevant materials) at a discount fee.
Please note that personal members cannot be substituted by others in meetings and events and if they work in an organisation they do not represent this organisation in voting or otherwise, and are acting in a personal capacity.
This is open to any institution or individual having an interest in CRIS and in the work of euroCRIS but not able to participate actively in euroCRIS activities and attend meetings and events.
Affiliated members are corresponding members with privileged access to internal CRIS information and the right to participate in discussions, but do not have voting rights. The fee is 30 Euro.